August 03, 2012

She Shares Friday: Grace Days


I am truly blessed with Grace Days over at She Reads Truth community.
I get so caught with everything that I need to do and forgets to spend time with God in reading His word. 
I know I am not perfect but I am not going to make that one as an excuse. 
In fact, I don't have any excuse at all to not read His truth
We at the community strives to read His truth everyday and yet sometimes we fail. 
But we acknowledge our mistakes, learn from it and encourage one another. 
I am not alone. 
I have these wonderful women beside me who is running the race with me. 
It is a great honor to be serving God with these ladies even if we really don't know each other in person.

Last week, I received an email from YouVersion titled "Behind on your Prayer Bible plan?".
Good thing it didn't say how many days I am behind or I would be very guilty.
I was even afraid to open it because of the guilt.
Yes, I have 6 unread days up to that time.
Not so nice is it?
Yet, when I opened the email, it said:
  
When life gets busy, sometimes it’s hard to keep up with everything. But when we make time for God’s Word, it has a way of putting all of that activity into perspective. It looks like you’re a bit behind on your Prayer plan, so we thought we’d share a few of our favorite tips for getting back on track. We’re convinced God speaks to us when we read His Word, so we believe it’s important to help each other connect with the Bible.

I did not feel guilty.
I felt CONVICTED.
Indeed guilt paralyzes and condemns.
Conviction on the other hand motivates and brings freedom to right a wrong!
By Sunday, I was all caught up.
Yay!

But you see, the funny and true thing is when you are forming a habit, especially a good one, it takes effort.
A lot of it.
We fail over and over again but we just have to keep trying.
In the last 2 days of the Prayer Plan, I got busy again.
That is when Grace Days happened in the community.
We can  use it to get caught up with all the reading plans that we were not able to read.
For those who were not behind, they could use it to reflect and pray.
They could even read other 2-4 day reading plans in YouVersion.
I am happy to report that I am all caught up with my Prayer plan.
Although, I still have some few unread days from the previous plans.
I'll be working on that this weekend before the new plan comes this Monday.
Excited much!

See, even when we keep repeating our mistakes, its not gonna be the end of the world.
We just have to decide to do the right thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.
 You know why?

And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace
{upon grace upon grace upon grace upon grace upon grace upon grace upon grace}
John 1:16  


You know another reason why?

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9a


If you haven't checked the community, don't be shy and click here to go there.
It will really bless you!!!


SheShares
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! And love Grace Days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany! Grace days are awesome!!! BTW, I have read your story about your plan to adopt and I am really excited for you both! You are in my prayers.

      Delete