April 06, 2012

The Joy in Trusting God


When I think about God and all the things He has done for me, I can't help but sing "I've got joy down in my heart, deep deep down in my heart". These past few weeks was a rainbow of colors but in everything that happened, I am learning to offer God my everything and to put my hope and trust in Him.


But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
Jeremiah 17:7-8


RED for my MAN

Finally after few weeks of preparing, doubts, tears, worries, joy, excitement or whatever, Steve is finally coming over and he will be here with me in at least 5 hours! I am almost like a zombie already. These past few days, I always wake up at 1 AM then either I can't go back to sleep or I wake up every hour! I am also getting sick. My stomach feels like I have eaten something horrible. ewhh. TMI? Anyway, I want all of this to end. I just want to kiss my man! I wanted to rant on the unfortunate things that happened but I am just looking forward to seeing him in person so yeah, no negative thoughts on that!


ORANGE for my JOB

I love teaching! I love the university that I was working at. Yep. That is a WAS. They did not renew my contract. I was really gathering all my strength and controlled my emotions so I won't cry while our chairman was explaining to me why they can't act favorably on my request. I cried a lot after though. It is such a pain to be leaving an environment that you have learned to love. But this job was a fruit of my trust in God. He gave me this even when I was sure I wouldn't get a job. I am certain that God will provide. The two men in my life, my Papa and Steve, on separate calls during that day, told me the same words, "If one door closes, another one opens". While this may be a close door for now, I trust that God will open up a new door somewhere and He will guide me to it!


YELLOW for my FAMILY

I have such a very supportive family. I truly thank God for them. Papa was sick last week but thank God that he is all fine right now. He is such a trooper. And with the job gone, their spirit inspires me to continue hoping and praying. They are my inspiration in everything. I always pray to God to help me how to be really thankful for them and to not take them for granted.


GREEN for my THESIS

I am so thankful to God for giving me a very understanding adviser. When I got the job, I was not able to work on my thesis. I did but only a little part of it. I know that the work should not have been an excuse. I know I did not do my very best but instead of beating myself up, I'll choose to be optimistic about it and trust God that He will equip me on how to finish it. I will finish it! Green means GO so no more stopping now and no more waiting. 

 
BLUE for my FRIENDS

I am so thankful for my friends. They encourage me and pray for me a lot. They are with me through ups and downs and know the right words to say at the right time. Not just my friends who I can be with in person but also my brothers and sisters in Christ in the abroad. They are one of my treasures here on earth and despite not being being able to see them face to face, their friendship is among the few of the real ones that I have. Their presence in my life is a wonderful blessing!


INDIGO for my NIECE

Yeah I know. She is a family. But she is such a cute bundle of joy and laughter. I am teaching her to memorize verses and christian action songs. I am also teaching her how to pray and when she prays, she totally warms my heart. There is something special when prayers come from the mouth of a little child. 


VIOLET for my LIFE

My life all in all is a blessed life. I may not have all the riches in the world but I have God in my heart, I am saved by Jesus, I have a wonderful family and friends, I have a wonderful man in my life and I am super duper loved by all of them. I am so blessed!


Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 

2 comments:

  1. Hannah sister, you are such a wonderful inspiration! Thanks for sharing your heart!!! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel! I feel blessed that I get to inspire you. I love you back! ♥

    ReplyDelete