April 17, 2012

Give us a chance, please?


I don't know if someone had already said anything about this stuff but I feel like I really need to say something. There have been so much stereotyping about it. While in some others, the stereotyping is true, still there are also some that can be considered really genuine relationship.

I am talking about mine and Steve's relationship or as others generalizes that since I am a Filipina and Steve is an American,  I am a Filipina mail ordered bride or “I bet he is rich and she is just after his money” or “she/he is just using him/her”… I could go on and on but I am not going to focus on that one.

Okay here, just because I and Steve started dating even without seeing each other in person first doesn’t mean that our relationship is less genuine than others. See, most relationship starts with friendship and guess what, that is how we started too! We have been friends for at least 3 years now, started dating a year and 8 months ago and just got engaged.

Still pretty much the same with "NORMAL" relationships right?


sunburned and engaged

Here is another thing; Steve is the answer to my prayers. I have been praying to God for a man that I can make a difference in his life. I am not asking for a broken man because God is the only one who can fix our hearts but I was praying for someone that I can show how God loves him so much and that he is someone worth loving and remind him that his past does not define him at all. Honestly, I don’t know how that will be answered but God put that prayer in my heart for years even before I became friends with Steve.

I became friends with Steve through the ministry and we started being friends in Facebook. I never knew that he is God’s answer to my prayers but God revealed it to me after spending time on getting to know him. I told him about it but he told me that I should reconsider my feelings for him. Well I know in my heart that he is already the man that God made for me. I respected his decision and just kept praying for him and continued being friends with him. In my own little way, I made him feel that he is someone worth loving. He then started to look at himself differently and started loving himself more.

That is when we decided to date despite the distance and asked God to help us put him in the center of our relationship and honor him with our love for each other. God has been keeping us together especially in the bad times.

Like what a good friend Audrey said to me: “You know it is a work of our Father when two people who live on opposite sides of the world can find their soul mate in each other.” I believe her!


I ♥ my Fiance!

Our family and the community of believers we belong to support our relationship and always pray for us especially in tough times. We are so thankful to God for them. However, some other people that we know think that our relationship will not work. Even some of the people from my side thinks that I am really just after Steve’s money. Well I don’t really care much on what they think.

The reason that I am writing this post is because I want to ask them to give me and Steve a chance. I know that we don’t have to prove to them how much we love each other but if they have nothing good to say, then they should just seal their mouth close because they are not being a blessing at all. Some from Steve's side thinks that I will just use him too but she apologized after realizing that our relationship is very true and meaningful! ♥

Like what a famous saying says “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” But since those who stereotype us want to be involved with our relationship, we are even willing to let them watch us walk down the aisle together.

God bless their hearts. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment