May 22, 2011

A Promise


So there is this one man that keeps saying that the judgment day was my yesterday.

May 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM. 

Yup! This man is Harold Camping. I just found out days ago that this same man made a prediction in 1994 that the world is ending too but when it didn't, he said "Whoops, I miscalculated". LOL. Well, I really didn't know if he said that. I just got that from a friend's post. LOL. But if he really did said that, I'm pretty sure he is gonna say now "Ooppps! I did it again! I MISCALCULATED AGAIN...". FAIL

When I first read posts regarding when the judgment day will be according to this man, I was like, Who are you to say when the end will be? Are you GOD? It is written in the word of God that:


But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, 
nor the Son, but the Father alone.
Matthew 24:36  

Not even the angels of heaven nor Jesus knew the specifics of his coming. Only God knows the day and the hour of the Lord's coming. ONLY HIM AND HIM ALONE! There is one thing about the Lord's coming though that we know fully well:


For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord 
will come just like a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:2

If we just know what time the thief will come and visit our house, we would not be sleeping right? We will guard our house and will be on alert and will not allow this thief to break into the house. This is the same with the Lord's coming. Although it is likened to the coming of a thief in the night, and that we should be on alert for his coming, its not something to be afraid of. We should be alert and be very ready because he will come at an hour when we don't think he will.

Yesterday, I was with my friends at school and we were talking about what that man said. When it was almost nearing 6:00 PM, you would not believe what we saw! Instead of horrible things happening, God showed right before our very eyes His wonderful creation, a RAINBOW!!! Yup! A beautiful rainbow. I love how rainbows and promises are told in the Bible Stories for Kids - The Rainbow and the Promise.

And then God said to Noah, "Look up in the sky."

Noah looked up. The storm clouds were drifting away, the bright sun was shining against Noah's back. And against the dark grey sky, God made a brilliant rainbow appear.
God said to Noah,

“You see, I have set my rainbow in the sky. This will be the sign of the covenant I have made with you and all creatures, never again to destroy the earth by a flood. It will always remind us of the promise between you and me.”

I think God showed us that rainbow to remind us of His promise in these times when false prophets will come out one by one to scare the people with their crazy ideas. I am not worried about me though. I am worried for those people who thinks that Christianity is crazy and instead of bringing them closer to God, these happenings just shove them away. :( The best thing to do is pray for these people and pray against those false prophets. AMEN?

Anyways, I was so blessed to be reminded by God's promise. I am just amazed on how God blesses His children in ways that He can only do. Thank you Father! And one thing is for sure, God always keeps His promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment